I know this is a few days late, but I thought I’d make a short post highlighting what happened in 2016:
- January: visited the English midlands including Ben’s hometown of Great Malvern and Birmingham, traveled around Germany with my grandpa, met up with my friend Amy in Giessen, Germany
- February: saw Enter Shikari, Marina and the Diamonds and The Used live in London, traveled to Budapest where i met up with my friends Rachel and Craig, went without alcohol for a month (which was a big deal at the time)
- March: traveled around Italy, saw Enter Shikari live in Venice, saw Shikari Sound System live in Southampton
- April: started medication for depression and anxiety, turned twenty-one
- May: visited Newquay with my friend Alex, visited Edinburgh with Dan, started dating Dan
- June: moved back to the United States, got a summer internship at the Pima County Democratic Party
- July: started working at Pizza Hut and Ross, saw Streetlight Manifesto live in Phoenix
- August: moved into my new apartment, started my final year of my undergraduate degree
- September: attended a family reunion on my dad’s side, started field work, went back to my jobs at university, started hummingbird research, joined clubs and societies, started my mentoring program, saw Blink-182 live in Phoenix
- October: visited the Grand Canyon with international students
- November: started wetland research, got a bike, saw Thrice live in Tucson
- December: got an internship in London starting in June, Daniel visited for three weeks over Christmas
I’m thankful for all the people in my life that made 2016 a (more or less) great one! I’m looking forward to 2017: starting my own research, graduation, moving to the United Kingdom, starting my internship and more!
What an amazing year!! I love hearing your blogs!! You are an amazing woman with great aspirations!!! Keep it up!!! I love you and so happy I got to see you this year!!