Only one month until I start a new chapter of my life doing my Master’s degree in Brighton! Where has the summer gone?
To prepare for my trip, in the next month, I have to…
- Finish work: Trying to finish strong at my internship to get good recommendations
- Shop for things I can’t get in the United Kingdom: Thigh chafing relief gel, my make-up brands, etc.
- Make doctor appointments: To stock up on my prescription pills
- Take passport photos: For my train pass and university card
- Set up a bank account abroad: To make paying for my house and phone less of a pain in the arse
- Pay any final housing fees
- Set up my English phone number: Thankfully, I still have my SIM card from two years ago, I just have to top up my account
- Plan and queue blog posts for the next two months (particularly when I’m on holiday)
- Several “dry runs” of packing: Pack like I’m about to leave, but make sure my bag isn’t overweight and I’m not taking things I don’t need
- Change out jewelry: For work, I had to keep my smiley and nose jewelry subtle but now that I’m free, I’m getting a horseshoe for my smiley and a nose ring
- Tattoo appointment: Regrettably, I picked at my tattoo while it was healing and it led to some discoloration, so I’m going to get it touched up as well as a new tattoo with my best friend Sydney
- Finalize my New York trip plans: I can’t believe I leave in a bit over two weeks!
- Finalize my trip plans and train for the Camino de Santiago
- Clean out room by donating things I don’t wear or use
- Order things I need for my house to pick up once I arrive in Brighton
- Stay on top of my visa application: I just have to gather my supporting documents and send it out as soon as possible
- Change the address of tickets I’ve ordered to my new address: I’d hate to have concert tickets arrive at my parents’ house the week before a gig
- Familiarize myself with my course textbook
- Create a monthly budget
- Apply for jobs in Brighton
- Get in touch with my Buddies: I will soon be paired with several incoming international or exchange students coming to Sussex to mentor
- Bid friends and family adieu
Phew! I’m tired just writing this. Wish me luck as I’m in the final stretch of preparing for my journey!
Also, I changed my blog title to match my URL, just for consistency sake. No big deal.
Note: this is a queued post.