Although I knew I would be working full time, I set some goals for the summer. Here are my initial goals and how they matched up to reality this summer:
- Learn flags of the world: Not a chance.
- Learn countries of the world: Even before this summer, my proficiency was at about 85%, so nothing to be ashamed of. I just need a refresher every now and again, especially on island nations, Africa and western Asia.
- Learn England counties: Done and done! It’s nice to have a refresher before I move back to the United Kingdom.
- Secure a job in Brighton for the fall: I applied for a few jobs more seriously, but since I can’t effectively start until October, I’m holding out until I move to drop off my C.V. around town.
- Sussex Buddy Scheme training: Although Sussex hasn’t given me online portal access yet, I read the handbook and am excited to meet my buddies!
- Complete Red List training: Didn’t get around to it.
- GIS training: Luckily, I was tasked with a turkey habitat assessment at work that required GIS basics so I essentially got paid to take the crash course!
- R training: Didn’t get around to it.
- Organize music: I must admit, I’m not quite sure what I had in mind when I wrote this…
- Read two books a month: More or less.
- Beautify Twitter, blog and Pinterest: I spent a lot of time getting my theme and pages just perfect for my blog and I’m really proud of it! Twitter is a work in progress and I’ve kind of given up on Pinterest.
- Sort pictures and documents: I try to stay on top of it the best I can, but I’ve been falling behind recently. This is usually a good task for flights.
- Delete old e-mails: I’ve deleted and sorted all my e-mails to date. Phew.
- Work out two times a week: This was really hard with work, but I ran about once a week throughout the summer.
- Exercise my dog three times a week: Again, this was hard with work, but between my brother and I, Bailey got out swimming, walking or seeing friends at the dog park about twice a week.
- Master three new hairstyles: I’ve recently cut quite a bit of my hair off (well, I didn’t, a stylist did) so I’m still trying to get used to the length before I do anything too fancy.
- Try one new recipe a week: Not so much.
- Clean out closet: Done! How did I accumulate so much shite?
While work took up most of my time (and energy), this summer, I enjoyed reading, watching movies and shows and seeing my friends and family. I will set goals for the new semester in early October.
Note: this is a queued post.