Another month of new content and great posts! Here are my top five posts from all categories:
- Cape Town Drought Explained: I can’t believe we would see such a big city run out of water in our lifetime. If this isn’t a massive wake-up call, I don’t know what is. Due to this crisis, my field trip has been moved from being based in Cape Town to Hermanus.
- Enter Shikari: The Theatrical Headline at the Brighton Centre: This piece was published for my student-run university blog and this article took my right back to the show (you can read my words about it here). The words really paint the scenes, the sights (pun intended) and the energy of the crowd beautifully as well as critically assessing Shikari’s new music and its place in their discography.
- Spearfishing Lionfish in Belize: These animals are devastating coral reef ecosystem function and killing and eating them is a growing strategy to combat biodiversity losses. This is a great way for tourists to engage in local conservation efforts while also enjoying life under the surface.
- Observations From a Year of Veganism: Sophie speaks the hard (and sometimes funny) truths about being vegan in a society that insists on keeping their head in the sand and ostracizing those with different diets.
- Antarctica Expedition Travel Guide: I would love to explore the most off-the-beaten-path place in the world. This trip looks bloody incredible!
Science, sustainability and veganism
- Vegan Dupes
- Accidentally Vegan Food
- Tesco’s New Vegan Range Review: Supply and demand: vegan ready meals are becoming more and more mainstream and I am living for it.
- Easy Vegan Meal Alternatives
- What To Expect from Field Trips: Although I didn’t do many field trips in my undergrad, this gives good perspective on what to expect for my upcoming trip to South Africa.
- How to Become a Citizen Scientist
General travel and study abroad
- 5 of the Best Weekend Carry-On Bags: I’m usually not one for fashion. especially luggage I don’t need, but I love every single one of these. And they’re vegan!
- Hack for Your First Time Driving Abroad: I really wish I had this before I rented a car in Italy and had a mental breakdown in the middle of nowhere when I couldn’t figure out how to fill the gas tank.
- Yes, I Lived In a Homestay, No, I Didn’t Love It: A really great perspective on what can go wrong in a homestay and ways to think critically about what you’re getting yourself into. To me, it always takes balls to share not so great travel experiences.
- London: The First Month in Numbers: This is such a sweet idea and lovely way to document your time abroad!
- Traveler Tuesday: I love this idea and format.
- 11 Unique Things To Do In Paris: I absolutely loved Paris, but didn’t have enough time there! I hope to return and love finding fresh posts to give me ideas.
- Tallinn City Guide: My friend Ben has been to Tallinn many times, but it’s not a destination many people prioritize. However, this post put the town on my radar once again!
- Majorca Photo Diary
- Touring Iceland’s Golden Circle: Both some of my close friends and the wider Internet have raved about Iceland. This guided tour seems like a great way to see a lot of the country in a short amount of time.
- Prague, Bratislava, Vienna & Budapest
- A Pretty Wonderful Wednesday: Absolutely stunning pictures of London.
- 10 Things to do in Lisbon: I loved Porto and hope to return to Portugal… eventually.
- 15 Things You Need to Know Before Visiting Iceland’s Blue Lagoon
- Falling In Love With Brighton: I love hearing other travellers’ thoughts on my beautiful city.
- 5 Things In Brighton That Just Might Make You Happier
- 10 Essential Travel Tips for Rome
- The Photo Series: Spain’s North Coast: All these photos look like they could have been taken on different planets. Diego has been on about how pretty it is and now I don’t have a doubt.
- 24 Hours in Copenhagen on a Budget
- Cape Town (Part 6): You can also find links to the previous five installments of this holiday on this post. I’m going to Cape Town in April and reading this has got me so excited!
- Top 6 Highlights in Mauritius: This island nation wasn’t even on my radar until I met someone on my course who lived and worked there for a number of years and loved it. I’d love to visit one day!
- Lions, Cheetahs and More: The same blogger from the first Cape Town posts write about safaris! I’m definitely living this trip vicariously through these posts.
- Beginners’ Brooklyn: I couldn’t be happier with my choice to stay in and explore Brooklyn on my most recent trip to New York. I can’t encourage those visiting the area enough to spend time in Brooklyn.
- My Routine for a Successful Blog Post
- 10 Blog Tasks to do When You Have 5 Minutes to Spare
- 6 Ways to Use Social Media to Increase Blog Traffic: Bexa gives me a shout in this post for featuring her in Blogger of the Month and gives great insight on increasing blog traffic.
- How I Organize My Blog
- Favorite Blogging Tools: As I focus more on growing my blog, this post has some great tips on how to stay organized and share your content.
- How I Tripled My Traffic From Twitter
- Let’s Talk: Depression
- 10 Little Things #30: I absolutely love this idea and the lay out of this post!
- 35 Small Acts of Self-Care
- #BellLetsTalk: Breaking the Stigma Around Mental Health: My lovely friend Clare shares her personal story about her journey with mental health. I’m proud so proud of how far she’s come!
- Birthday Wishlist: These are all such amazing ideas. Someone else’s birthday is coming soon as well (spoiler alert: it’s mine).
- I’m Sorry For Cancelling Our Plans (Again)
- Aladdin: The Musical
- Enter Shikari and Architects: The beautiful Emily sums up perfectly the Enter Shikari and Architects gigs we both attended at Alexandra Palace as well as Enter Shikari’s first day on tour in Liverpool. It was so lovely to meet her and read her words on the amazing nights!
- 5 TV Shows You Need To Watch If You Are Looking For Something Different: Finally, a post about Netflix that isn’t Friends (come on, U.K., we got that show years ago). Also, I’ve really been enjoying The Good Place!
Photo by Andrew Knechel.