Apologies for the lateness of this post. In case you missed the memo, I’ve been hella busy and will continue to make myself scarce on here until 10 May at 16:01, right after my last deadline.
From 6 April to 22 April, I was in South Africa busting my ass on a field course, which you can read all about in this tag. With that, I unfortunately missed posting my favorite blog posts from the month then.
But, I’m bringing it to you now! Without further ado, here are my top five posts from all categories:
- Sea Turtle Conservation: Okay, this is my dream job. Travelling to write about conservation interests? Yes, please.
- 30 Travel Lessons I’ve Learnt at 30: Practical tips with some hilarious and relatable anecdotes. #11, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21 and 26 are ones I swear by.
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: This is deemed one of the better wildlife tourist options for both animal welfare and conservation and it look incredible.
- 5 Things to Write On Your CV as a Blogger: Although I largely consider this a hobby, it has definitely given me skills that can transfer into “the real world” and I shouldn’t be modest about it!
- 48 Hours in Brighton: I love seeing Brighton from a tourist’s point of view and these pictures are amazing. I love my town.
Science, sustainability and veganism
- Earth Month Challenge: It doesn’t take a dedicated reader to know that I’m passionate about the environment and this challenge has a lot of great ideas on how to start reducing your impact.
- Vegfest Brighton – 2018: I was there as well and this is a great recap.
General travel and study abroad
- 10 Boring (But Essential) Holiday Admin Tasks to do Before Every Trip: I low-key love the boring stuff granted I have enough time, is that weird?
- First Time Skiing
- Ways to Preserve Your Travel Memories Forever: This is so sweet. I commemorate my travels by buying a flag pin from each country and putting it on my university backpack and keeping any train tickets, maps, business cards, etc. I can.
- Maui’s Road to Hana: As a family, we took plenty of trips to Maui (most recently in 2015) and I would love to explore on my own as an adult some day, with the east side of the island being my top priority.
- 10 Reasons to Visit Sri Lanka
- 25 Photos That Will Inspire You to Visit Antarctica
- Hobbiton Set Tour: So much yes. I Love Lord of the Rings and this is one of the top places on my bucket list, no matter how cheesy.
- 8 Reasons to Love Christchurch
- My Paris Location Bucket List
- 72 Hours in Berlin: I’m always looking for suggestions on what to do when I eventually revisit some of my favorite cities.
- 8 Tips For Your Visit To The Széchenyi Thermal Bath: I had no idea such thermal spas were in Budapest when I went in 2016, so I had no idea what to expect… much less a swimsuit to wear!
- 72 Hours in Barcelona
- Auschwitz Concentration Camp
- 24 Hours in The Algarve, Portugal: Can you tell I’m a big fan of short trips?
- Ultimate List of Twitter Retweet Accounts for Bloggers
- Things I’ve Learnt About Running a Blog
- 10 Things You Need to do Before Your Blog Turns 1: My blog is almost 3 and I still need to do most of these… oops.
- Things I Definitely Don’t Miss About School: (Middle) school was a nightmare for me, this post is too relatable.
- What Made You Smile Today?
- The Dos and Dont’s of Note-Taking
Photo by Andrew Knechel.