Apologies for the lateness of this post. In case you missed the memo, I’ve been hella busy and will continue to make myself scarce on here until 10 May at 16:01, right after my last deadline.
From 6 April to 22 April, I was in South Africa busting my ass on a field course, which you can read all about in this tag. With that, I unfortunately missed posting my favorite blog posts from the month then.
But, I’m bringing it to you now! Without further ado, here are my favorite blog reads…
Science, sustainability and veganism
- Vegfest Brighton – 2018: I was there as well and this is a great recap.
- Sea turtle conservation: Okay, this is my dream job. Travelling to write about conservation interests? Yes, please.
General travel and study abroad
- 10 boring (but essential) holiday admin tasks to do before every trip: I low-key love the boring stuff granted I have enough time, is that weird?
- First time skiing
- Ways to preserve your travel memories forever: This is so sweet. I commemorate my travels by buying a flag pin from each country and putting it on my university backpack and keeping any train tickets, maps, business cards, etc. I can.
- Maui’s Road to Hana: As a family, we took plenty of trips to Maui (most recently in 2015) and I would love to explore on my own as an adult some day, with the east side of the island being my top priority.
- 10 reasons to visit Sri Lanka
- 48 hours in Brighton: I love seeing Brighton from a tourist’s point of view and these pictures are amazing. I love my town.
- 25 photos that will inspire you to visit Antarctica
- 8 reasons to love Christchurch
- My Paris location bucket list
- 8 tips for your visit to the Széchenyi thermal bath: I had no idea such thermal spas were in Budapest when I went in 2016, so I had no idea what to expect… much less a swimsuit to wear!
- 24 hours in the Algarve, Portugal: Can you tell I’m a big fan of short trips?
- Ultimate list of Twitter retweet accounts for bloggers
- Things I’ve learnt about running a blog
- 10 things you need to do before your blog turns 1: My blog is almost 3 and I still need to do most of these… oops.
- Things I definitely don’t miss about school: (Middle) school was a nightmare for me, this post is too relatable.
- What made you smile today?
- 30 travel lessons I’ve learnt at 30: Practical tips with some hilarious and relatable anecdotes. #11, 15, 16, 18, 20, 21 and 26 are ones I swear by.
- 5 things to write on your CV as a blogger: Although I largely consider this a hobby, it has definitely given me skills that can transfer into “the real world” and I shouldn’t be modest about it!
Photo by Andrew Knechel.