Today is the day: I’m 23!
Last year, I saw Rise Against in Los Angeles, which was not only the best gig I’ve been to, but one of the best days of my life… and I spent half of it on a coach, so that’s saying something!
I went to the cinema last night and am going to a musical and dinner in London tonight, I can’t wait!
Anyway, I thought I would make 23 highlights of my life so far…
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Studied abroad for a whole year.
- W.W.O.O.F.‘ed in Ontario, Canada for a month.
- Got not one, not two, but four tattoos with no plans to stop any time soon.
- Became (mostly) financially independent.
- Made and met so many online friends.
- Had a long distance relationship for over three years (it worked at the time, but never again).
- Attended 60+ concerts.
- Had a big girl job relevant to my degree.
- Discovered my love for cider.
- Lived (and still currently living) abroad.
- Made a furry friend for life: Bailey. I will never have another pet or friend like him.
- Met my favorite band (Rise Against) several times.
- Created and maintained this blog. One of the best choices I’ve ever made!
- Fulfilled my bucket list item of many years of getting scuba certified (advanced- and open water).
- Got to travel with my family (dad, grandparents and grandpa).
- I’ve seen 83 of the top 250 global attractions. Pretty damn amazing.
- Found my passion: conservation biology.
- Splurged on a LiveAboard holiday to Egypt.
- Saw 20+ musicals.
- Learned how to think for myself about politics and religion.
- Travelled all over western Europe. My top five being the Camino de Santiago, Paris, Berlin, Rome and Budapest.
- Had plenty of fuck-ups… but learned to truly regret none of them.