Wow, I can’t believe I’ve been blogging for three years now.
It all started a few months before my study abroad journey, with my mom suggesting I make a blog so family and friends could keep up. I was hesitant at first, but got really into it quickly.
I started to blog a bit more seriously around this time last year, posting more personal posts and opinion pieces, and becoming even more involved in the community at the beginning of this calendar year, engaging with others and promoting my blog.
I find a lot of joy in maintaining this blog and thank you all for reading, whether you’ve been with me for a week or since the beginning! I’m not stopping any time soon.
I’ve more or less written about everything that has happened to me:
2018 (so far…)
- Went to Los Angeles with my best friend Sydney
- W.W.O.O.F.’d in Ontario, Canada
- Travelled the east coast of the United States: New York, Philadelphia and Montreal
- Studied abroad (semester 1/2) and visited: Dublin, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Milan, Nice, Prague and Paris
Alternatively, have a look through my archive and see what I’ve been up to all these years.
Without further ado, here are my top five favorite posts from this month in all categories:
- The 25 most incredible things I’ve done before turning 25: I recently published something similar for my 23rd birthday and although it isn’t a competition, this blows mine out of the water! So many amazing things done, both of our lists could fill three lifetimes of adventures.
- Best vegan food in Brighton: I’m always looking for more places to try!
- A Weekend in Prague: This post is so well organized with great suggestions. I went to Prague during my year abroad with my grandparents and it was nice to relive our time together through this post on the one year anniversary of my grandpa’s passing.
- 10 interesting facts about the Galapagos Islands: It’s every conservationist’s dream to visit these iconic islands, I hope to get there some day!
- How to survive youth hostels: While I consider myself somewhat seasoned in staying in hostels, my brothers could learn a few things before we stay in one together next week!
Science, sustainability and veganism
General travel and study abroad
- Easter Sunday in Monet’s Garden
- Five things to do in Washington, D.C.: I loved D.C. and this list is spot-on. Additionally, I really loved riding bikes around the Mall at night and the Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Diving Rija Ampat: I’ve been itching for another LiveAboard adventure since visiting the Red Sea over Christmas.
- 11 days in Palawan, The Philippines
- Island hopping around Scotland: The islands around Scotland are really famous in the conservation world for either successful projects or potential in terms of invasive species control and great wildlife-watching opprotunities. I’d love to see it for myself.
- 11 things to do in Cinque Terre: I took a guided day trip to Cinque Terre when I visited Italy and it was one of the highlights of the whole trip. I would love to soak in the views, sea and sun more and further explore these amazing villages.
- Girls’ holiday in Europe
- Seven things British transport could learn from Japanese Rail
- New Zealand: North Island
- How to go fossil hunting on the Jurassic Coast
- How to spend a sunny day in London: I could always use more suggestions on what to do, especially with my brothers and dad visiting soon!
- A list of firsts
- Responsible wildlife photography
- Why bullet journaling isn’t for everyone: I love this post because I totally understand. I tried bullet journaling but my extreme perfectionism was having none of it.
- 8 way to up your water intake
Photo by Andrew Knechel.