Before we get into it, I have some exciting news: I’ve booked a trip to Mexico!
I grew up about an hour from the border and have done field work even closer to the border (where signs are in kilometers rather than miles), but have never been. Rockypoint is a frequent vacation destination for my family friends and college buddies, but it never appealed to me. So, I held out.
I booked a trip to Cancun and Cozumel for ten days over New Year’s. I will be spending New Year’s in Cancun along with four dives and perhaps a day trip to Chichen Itza before going on to Cozumel for another week or so of scuba diving. I can’t wait! If you’ve been and have any advice, let me know!
Science, sustainability and veganism
- Creamy vegan pumpkin pasta
- Cage-diving and white shark conservation: I went cage diving in this same area (Gansbaai, South Africa) and although I’d take some claims with a grain of salt (two behaviors, grabbing the bait and hitting the cage, that she said are rare occurrences both happened on my one excursion), there are a lot of good points.
- 5 destinations on my 2020 travel bucket list
- 5 helpful travel sites you should totally bookmark: I love Rome2Rio and feel it’s not as well-known as it should be!
- Highlights from the TBA Escapes Jordan Ancient Wonders tour: Although I can’t see myself doing group travel like this (especially with a $5000+ price tag), but it gives me inspiration to plan one of my own trips to the Middle East.
- Glasgow Mural Trail guide and map
- Beautiful villages you need to visit in Cornwall
- 11 best places in South Wales to explore: Can you tell I miss the UK?
- Two-week Mexico itinerary
- A weekenders guide to Florence, Italy
- Southern Ireland roadtrip itinerary
- 17 fun ways to spend a weekend in Toronto
- North Wales travel guide
- 9 reasons to visit Russia immediately
- Visiting the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland
- 20 things to know before visiting Ethiopia
- One night on Mount Rinjani
- Special shoutout to Chloe’s Thailand series, through which I relived my own trip I took in June!
Lifestyle, blogging and entertainment
- Why I don’t rate books
- Book review: The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- 50 best books about time travel
- Take better photos on your phone
- Journal prompts for 2020
Photo by Max Andrey.