Oh my, the first few months of the year went by so fast I almost forgot to post my goals update.
In January, I posted a massive goals update with my 2020 year goals (which I will update in June) as well as winter goals. For the first few months of the year, I knew I would be in Alaska working, so I kept my goals modest:
- Keep up with my reading challenge by reading one book a week: As I thought I would, I’ve been doing extremely well with this, so far reading 25 books this year (12 books ahead of schedule).
- Stay in touch with more family members and friends: This has become especially easy in the times of the virus. I check in with my family and close friends often to make sure everyone’s safe and doing well.
- Continue to pay off debt (20% of paychecks) and save money (10-15% of paychecks): I’m only a few hundred dollars behind at the moment, but plan to make up for it (and then some) with my next paycheck as I’ve hardly spent money this month with all the bars closed.
- Organize my laptop (again): Yes! I’m making good headway with this, it’s a constant process.
- Watch more films: I’ve watched maybe a dozen so far, but Stranger Things and reading have been taking up most of my down time.
- Stretch daily: Still failing at this. I don’t really have privacy on my boat so there’s nowhere I can do it in peace. Luckily, I’ll have my own room on my next boat so I’ll double down then.
Now, with the COVID-19 situation, it’s hard to predict what kind of movement I’ll be able to have in terms of leaving my house for things like going to the gym to travelling. For my spring goals, I will assume I will still be in quarantine for now and hope for the best…
- Apply for ten jobs a week
- Keep up with my reading challenge by reading one book a week
- Continue to pay off debt and save money
- Stretch and run a few times a week
- Bake and cook more
What are your lockdown goals?
Photo by Tim Trad.