In June, I set some goals for summer. Although it’s still quite warm where I live, autumn is upon us! Here’s how those goals went…
Finally, here are my goals for summer…
- Continue reading at a pace of about one book a week: Yep! Just the other day I passed 87 books: what I read lsat year and I’m still going strong! When I was setting my 2020 reading challenge, I hoped to read more than 2019 but was also realistic in seeing that only a handful of lifestyles permit so much downtime and wasn’t sure where I’d be. I’m so happy!
- Apply for ten jobs a week: Maybe not this many, but I have been applying to quite a few. Hopefully something new sticks by 2021.
- Stretch and exercise a few times a week: This worked out pretty well (walking, swimming, etc.) about half the week.
- Practice Spanish daily: This worked well for a while except the few weeks I went camping.
- Clean out closet: I cleaned out both my closets!
- Watch more movies and T.V. shows: I’ve watched a few, but reading or YouTube are my preferred relaxing activities.
- Try something creative (painting, embroidery, etc.): I’ve taken up a bit of embroidery and it’s great! I think I have mild ADD as I can’t sit and watch a show for more than a few minutes without my mind wandering, so it’s nice to have something else to keep me preoccupied.
- Organize and declutter my computer (photos and documents as well as online): I’ve done a great deal: Twitter, Facebook, delete duplicate pictures, etc. but I’m saving the rest for the boats as deleting pictures and going through documents can be done without Internet.
I like to think I did pretty darn well this season! Now on to my autumn goals…
- Continue reading at a pace of about one book a week
- Read a book over 1,000 pages
- Apply for jobs (boat Internet connection pending)
- Finish organizing and decluttering computer
- Stretch and exercise a few times a week (boat quarters pending)
- Practice Spanish daily (boat Internet connection pending)
- Camp more often (COVID-19 spread pending)
- Take my dog Bailey on a special holiday (camping or to the beach, or both!)
- Do something with my savings (invest, mutual fund, etc.)
What do you guys hope to get done?
Photo by Dominik Jirovský.