In June, I set some goals for summer. Although it’s still quite warm where I live, autumn is upon us! Here’s how those goals went…
Finally, here are my goals for summer…
- Continue reading at a pace of about one book a week: Yep! Just the other day I passed 87 books: what I read lsat year and I’m still going strong! When I was setting my 2020 reading challenge, I hoped to read more than 2019 but was also realistic in seeing that only a handful of lifestyles permit so much downtime and wasn’t sure where I’d be. I’m so happy!
- Apply for ten jobs a week: Maybe not this many, but I have been applying to quite a few. Hopefully something new sticks by 2021.
- Stretch and exercise a few times a week: This worked out pretty well (walking, swimming, etc.) about half the week.
- Practice Spanish daily: This worked well for a while except the few weeks I went camping.
- Clean out closet: I cleaned out both my closets!
- Watch more movies and T.V. shows: I’ve watched a few, but reading or YouTube are my preferred relaxing activities.
- Try something creative (painting, embroidery, etc.): I’ve taken up a bit of embroidery and it’s great! I think I have mild ADD as I can’t sit and watch a show for more than a few minutes without my mind wandering, so it’s nice to have something else to keep me preoccupied.
- Organize and declutter my computer (photos and documents as well as online): I’ve done a great deal: Twitter, Facebook, delete duplicate pictures, etc. but I’m saving the rest for the boats as deleting pictures and going through documents can be done without Internet.
I like to think I did pretty darn well this season! Now on to my autumn goals…
- Continue reading at a pace of about one book a week
- Read a book over 1,000 pages
- Apply for jobs (boat Internet connection pending)
- Finish organizing and decluttering computer
- Stretch and exercise a few times a week (boat quarters pending)
- Practice Spanish daily (boat Internet connection pending)
- Camp more often (COVID-19 spread pending)
- Take my dog Bailey on a special holiday (camping or to the beach, or both!)
- Do something with my savings (invest, mutual fund, etc.)
What do you guys hope to get done?
Photo by Dominik Jirovský.
That’s awesome that you’ve read over 87 books this year (so far)! I’ve been slacking with my reading goals, but now I’m developing more of a consistent schedule, so *hopefully* I’ll have more time for reading. I’m glad to see you’ve been doing well on your other goals as well, good luck with your autumn goals!
25 is a great age!!! I’m looking forward to my “regular” routine ie yoga twice a week, lunch dates with girlfriends, Sunday sermons, dog sitting Betty, DINNER OUT.