Time for a seasonal goals update! With daylight savings, the days are lasting longer and I’m happy to actually catch a little bit of sun after work instead of driving home in darkness, it makes me feel more productive already.
Now, for things I wanted to accomplish for winter…
- Read 6 books a month: So far I’ve been on track to read 70 books this year and currently 8 books ahead of schedule!
- Visit two Washington State Parks: Grant and I visited one: Olallie State Park! Now that it’s warming up more hopefully we can visit more.
- Get a job: Check! I now have a full-time job at a marine hardware store and liking it enough, but I’m looking for other more scientific jobs.
- Explore Seattle: Yes! Every weekend we try to get out. I’ve been to the Woodland Park Zoo, Bainbridge Island, explored Capitol Hill a bit, and the Fremont Sunday street market.
- Practice Spanish everyday for half an hour: Not quite for half an hour, but I’ve been practicing every day. Currently have a 120+ day streak, which is nothing compared to my brothers’ of several years…
- Publish ~3 unique posts a month: I’ve been publishing about two unique (e.g. not my usual reading wrap-up, favorite posts, etc.) posts a month and hope to keep it up.
These look eerily similar to my winter goals…
- Keep up with the reading challenge
- Visit two Washington State Parks
- Apply for other jobs
- Explore Seattle
- Practice Spanish every day
- Stretch or exercise every other day
- Finally do something with my savings
- Continue to budget
Next time, I’ll set some summer goals and check in on my 2021 goals!
What are some of your recent goals?
Photo by AJ