It’s time for a mid-year check-in for my yearly goals and my spring goals as we move into summer!
Here are some goals I set at the beginning of the year:
- Read 70 books: I’m more or less on track to do this! Half way there!
- Participate in more read-a-thon and reading challenges: I’m making progress in the PopSugar challenge, but participant in read-a-thons is hard working full-time.
- Read more fantasy: I haven’t read any fantasy this year (yet), but I’ve read a few sci-fi books, which is another genre I usually try to avoid.
- Read more classics: Not yet, sadly.
- Camp even more: Yes! I’ve gone on a few of camping trips (Fay Bainbridge and Scenic Beach) since the weather warmed up a month ago. We try to go once a month or so.
- Take a roadtrip: Not yet.
- Visit two new U.S. states: Again, not yet.
- Travel internationally: We’re hoping to take a big trip to the U.K. at the end of the year!
- Do something to further my career: Nothing yet. My current retail job drains me but maybe in the back half of the year I’ll try to do more.
- Continue to be on top of my finances: Yes! I work a lot on investing and staying on top of what I spend.
- Continue practicing Spanish: 200-ish day streak, baby! But I still hope to do more as I’m currently doing the bare minimum to keep my streak.
- Blog more: I’m still not blogging much besides my usual reading wrap-ups and months in review, but maybe later this year as I travel more.
Here’s how my spring goals went:
- Keep up with the reading challenge: Yes! I’m on track to read 70 books this year.
- Visit two Washington State Parks: Yes! Scenic Beach and Saint Edward.
- Apply for other jobs: A few, to no avail.
- Explore Seattle: Oh yeah. We frequent the Fremont waterfront and Green Lake area around our house and will sometimes go to Capitol Hill, Ballard and downtown.
- Practice Spanish every day: Yep!
- Stretch or exercise every other day: More or less, or at least better than before. I got a gym membership so I usually go on average three times a week.
- Finally do something with my savings: My dad has helped me invest in some mutual funds.
- Continue to budget: By “budget” I mean just watching what I spend, I’m not trying to cut back in any particular area.
Here are some goals for the next few months:
- Keep up with the reading challenge
- Visit two Washington State Parks
- Plan an international trip
- Apply for other jobs
- Explore more of Seattle
- Practice 30XP of Spanish everyday
- Go to the gym three times a week
- Bike to work once a week
What are some of your recent goals?
Photo by Sergey Shmidt