It’s time for a mid-year check-in for my yearly goals and my spring goals as we move into summer!
- Read 70 books: I have read 47 books so far this year and I am very much on track!
- Take a big trip: I took a roadtrip to Montana recently, but Grant and I also booked a week-long trip to Hawai’i!
- Travel internationally: We visited Vancouver for a weekend.
- Visit more of Washington: I’ve visited Bellingham and drove to Spokane where I spent an afternoon, I hope to get to the San Juan Islands and/or the Olympic Peninsula this summer!
- Continue to practice Spanish: Nope, I’ve fallen off recently with my crazy schedule. But with a more regular work hours, hopefully I can integrate it into my routine.
- Read a classic, science fiction and fantasy book: I haven’t read any classics or science fiction, but I will count The Deep as fantasy.
- Read a book over 1,000 pages: Not yet, I usually save this until the last minute (November).
- Take a class: Not yet, maybe this fall.
- Stay in shape-ish: For the first few months of the year I worked at a gym so I got a free membership and this summer I want to commit to riding my bike to work and doing some exercises at home.
- Book travel for the rest of the year: Yes! I only have to book a few more flights for fall.
- Be outside more (bike to work, go for walks, read in the garden, etc.): I will begin to ride my bike to work this week, and at my job we spend about an hour playing outside with the kids everyday!
- Go camping: We tried, but got rained out!
- Get back into Spanish: Nope.
- Clean/organize laundry room: My roommate was lovely enough to take this on.
- Update/organize blog: Nope.
- Maintain a good work/life balance: Yes! I see my friends regularly but make sure I have a lot of time to decompress. Because of this, I haven’t been able to keep up with this blog as well, but I really like staying busy.
- Continue to drink more responsibly
- Save some money
- Get back into Spanish
- Bike to work most days
- Aide with volunteer work
- Go camping
- Apply to jobs (my current one ends in September, yikes!)
Do you have any recent goals?
Photo by Roland Denes.